Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The book club returns!

I feel most of you had probably given up on this idea, but I didn't. This time around I think we can take a more organized approach to the book club. I will explain. We will each have a turn to pick a book, location, theme, and time for one monthly meeting. I picked the last book (which, admittedly, I never read...hence my hesitance to schedule the second meeting)and have passed the responsibility on to my sister Rachael. She can choose to have the meeting at her home, a restaurant, park, someone else's home, whatever. She can also choose a theme that will let all of us know what kind of food item to bring. If she were to choose a book that takes place in china she might just pick china as the theme. You get the picture. As soon as we have a better idea of who wants to be involved in the book club we can make out a schedule so you will know in advance when your turn will be.
Since I have heard sad remarks from several non-Utahns about not being able to be involved in the book club, I have decided to start the book blog where anyone can post thoughts, questions, comments, or anything you want about the book we are reading that month. I have sent each of you an invitation to the blog which means that you can post and comment as you please.
Rachael has already picked her book, but I will let her announce it with it's theme. Let me know if you have any ideas or complaints about what I have outlined.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I voted on the best times to meet and I think that I may have skewed the results because in reality, you know that I will never really be able to come. But I couldn't control myself and just had to vote. I apologize.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including the outsiders. Hey, maybe that will be my book, The Outsiders! We could all wear stonewashed jeans and bandanas to the meeting. This book club has given me yet another reason to come home often!